June 14-15, 2018, Richmond, BC
Sheraton Vancouver Airport
The Indigenous Adult and Higher Learning Association (IAHLA) Annual General Meeting and Conference offers networking opportunities and showcases a range of practices to support the growth of Aboriginal post-secondary and adult education institutes in British Columbia. Our theme in 2018, Building Our Sector, brought together educators and administrators from IAHLA institutes and partners from across the province.
Thank you to everyone for attending!
Event Program / Guide – June 2018 (for reference)
Presentations from the 2018 Conference
- First Peoples Cultural Council
- AFN Update on the Languages Legislation Initiative
- Indigenous Language Proficiency (Fluency) Degree Framework
- Adult Ed Strategies for Improving Attendance and Course Completion
- IAHLA Annual General Meeting
- Sexualized Violence Prevention Education Awareness
- Protection and Respectful use of Indigenous Knowledge and Wisdom
- Aboriginal Institutes Consortium Model